The Vermont Center for Photography Gallery takes a 50% commission on work that is sold during the exhibition. The exhibitor will be responsible for a $250 hanging fee. Financial assistance may be available on a limited basis.
This exhibition fee includes:
Month-long exhibition: Exhibits from from the first Friday of each month to the following first Friday.
Permanent Online Gallery: Your work featured on VCP’s website indefinitely with Bio, Statement, Image Gallery & link to your own site.
Exhibition Promotional Postcards: VCP uses these postcards as a means of promotion in the days leading up to your exhibition as well as during the exhibition. We are happy to work with the artist to create a design or we are happy to create something from scratch on our own. We will seek the artists final approval before files are sent to be printed.
Vinyl Exhibition Title Lettering: VCP will work with the exhibitor to determine the title of the exhibition which will then be printed in custom lettering to be adhered to the entry area of the exhibit. Some Size/length restrictions may apply because of space limitations.
Large printed/mounted Artists Statement: VCP will work with the exhibitor to draft an artists statement to be printed and mounted on the wall during the exhibition.
Press Release: VCP will be responsible for mailing press releases to local and regional newspapers, magazines, and other publications prior to the opening of the exhibition. Included in this is a 100 word ad in each monthly Gallery Walk guide which are dispersed monthly throughout the town.
Reception Refreshments: VCP will provide an assortment of refreshments for the opening reception which takes place on the first Friday of each month.
The exhibiting photographer will provide VCP with the following:
Exhibition PR • Show Title
• Description of work or artist statement
• Brief artist bio
• Image(s) – We will be seeking approximately 8-10 .jpgs to be EMAILED to email@example.com to be used Online as well as for general promotional purposes.
Print information • VCP is willing to consider all types of hanging/framing styles. It is preferred that work be framed, or at least behind glass – though we are willing to entertain alternative methods as well.
• List with print titles & mediums
• Price List of Framed and/or Unframed prints
• Prints are due at VCP the Tuesday before the opening reception at a time mutually agreed upon. If you cannot drop off the prints during gallery hours call to arrange a time. Exhibitors are encouraged to participate in the installation of the exhibition. This typically takes place the Wednesday prior to the “First Friday” opening reception.
Exhibiting Artist Talk We strongly encourage photographers whose work is featured in a solo show to present a talk/discussion about their work. This may be any type of presentation such as a slide show, a technical demonstration or an informal discussion. Contact us with your ideas.