Instructor: Matthew Stinson
Details: This one-session workshop is offered on Saturday, February 4th – 9am to Noon
Cost: Non-members $50 / Members $45
Class Size: Limited to 8 participants
Location: Vermont Center for Photography, 49 Flat Street, Brattleboro, VT, 05301
This workshop is to provide students with techniques to navigate the many possibilities that Adobe Photoshop offers. Emphasis will be placed on exploring the tools, menu options and various pallets including History, Layers, Paragraph, Character and Styles. This is the perfect course for the photographer or designer who is ready to learn his/her way around this amazing digital imaging program. We will explore image resolution, photo retouching, typography, levels, layer styles, filters, keyboard shortcuts, combining images, hand coloring photography and more.
Laptops will be provided for each participant with Adobe Photoshop CC.
Agenda: Bring as many files as you want to work on. The format must be .jpg, .tif, .png, or .gif. No .raw format please because Adobe Photoshop has to be customized in advance to handle .raw. Files can be stored on a flash drive or online.
- Overview of File Formats, Image Size and Image Modes
- Image Correction: Image Rotation, Cropping, Levels, Unsharp Mask, Hue/Saturation, Burning, Dodging, The Clone Tool and Content Aware Fill.
- Selections: Hand Coloring Photography
- Typography: Character/Paragraph Palettes and Layer Styles
- Selections Continued: Combining imagery and moving selections in new images (composite photography).
* This workshop is now full! Please follow VCP’s Workshops & Events page to see other upcoming workshop offerings! *